1. Aspartame breaks down to formaldehyde in the body–yep, the same chemical we use to embalm dead bodies!
2. The same chemical that gives tart cherries their color may relieve pain better than aspirin or ibuprofen.
3. The term Pound Cake comes from the literal pound of butter used to make it.
4. There are about 100,000 bacteria in 1 liter of drinking water
5. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. Mixed with milk, it can be used as an antiseptic for the skin
6. Two twelve ounce servings of juiced apples, pears, carrots, celery, and leafy greens has twice the potency of 1 dose of an over-the-counter laxative.
7. 1.2 billion pounds of potato chips are consumed each year in the United States.
8. A baked potato (with skin) is a great source of dietary fiber (4 grams)
9. A typical American eats 28 pigs in his/her lifetime.
10. A well-done steak with charred portions contains much higher levels of carcinogens than a medium or rare steak.